Lucy and Stan Smith tell us that they have been privileged to live at The Summit Since July, 2014. In their words, their apartment works beautifully for them, the food is great (which Lucy doesn’t need to cook). The staff are friendly and quickly...
There's a reason why Thomas Jefferson chose Lynchburg, Virginia, as the site for his personal retreat. The city is beautiful with amazing views, mountains, lakes, and trails all nestled in a charming 50 square miles.
But it’s much more than just a pretty place. With a population of 75,000, Lynchburg is large enough to offer big city amenities and small enough to feel like a community.
The city offers a vibrant cultural mix of history, outdoor recreation, local eateries, unique shops, and more. With four colleges and universities as well as dance, theatre, and musical venues, lovers of the fine and performing arts can enjoy a variety of events.
Lynchburg is proud of its unique blend of activities, which offers something for everyone:
- Historical sites and tours including the Appomattox Court House, Civil War Trails, Fort Early, and Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest
- Fine and performing arts such as concerts, plays, lectures, and art shows
- Outdoor recreation that ranges from walking to hiking, biking, skiing, golf, and more
- Specialty shops like artisans, antiques, eateries, and wineries
What makes the city of Lynchburg even prouder? Its community feel. From its natural beauty to tidy storefronts, the city is infused with a welcoming atmosphere. On any given day, people of all ages are out and about but are not too busy to wave or stop for a chat.
For more information about Lynchburg, please feel free to visit:
Lynchburg Makes the List
Lynchburg is earning honors and rankings on national lists for our city! Here are just a few:
- Among top 353 Best Value Cities Kiplinger (2013)
- #72 Best Performing Cities Milken Institute (2013)
- Best Nursing Homes USNews (2013)
- One of the Top Adventure Towns National Geographic (2013)
- Top 25 Best Place to Retire Forbes (2012)
- Top Places to Retire in VA CNN Money (2012)
- Top Places to Live CNN Money (2012)
- #65 Best Small Places for Business & Careers Forbes (2012)